Wed, 22 December 2010
2010 turned out to be a great year for independent music. This came as a surprise considering how fantastic last year was. Between Animal Collective, The xx, Phoenix and Dirty Projectors, 2009 looked like it would be hard year to beat. But, as this episode points out, 2010 gave us plenty of artistis that pushed musical boundaries and delivered new and exciting songs. In this episode Noise Pop invites our friends and colleagues to choose their favorite song of the year and give some context to their decision. Here is the guest list and their corresponding song choices:
Intro - Tanlines, Real Life
9. Dawson Ludwig of Noise Pop - Tennis, Marathon
Wed, 8 December 2010
December 2010 Noise Pop Podcast - Featuring Yo La Tengo, Wavves, Stone Foxes, Dominant Legs, Best Coast and more...
The first installment of the 2011 Noise Pop Festival has been announced and we very excited about all of the artists. On this podcast episode we listen to 9 bands who will be playing Noise Pop this year. There are indie rock behemoths like Yo La Tengo and up-and-coming bands like Dominant Legs. As usual, Jesse Fox returns, this time to discuss his favorite artist of al time, Ted Leo, who is also playing Noise Pop.
Track list is below:
2. Dominant Legs - Clawing Out at the Walls, Young at Life and Love EP
3. How to Dress Well - Ready for the World, Love Remains
4. Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - Bottled up in Cork, Brutalist Brick
5. Best Coast - Boyfriend, Crazy For You
6. Wavves - King of the Beach, King of the Beach
7. The Stone Foxes - Black Rolling Thunder, The Stone Foxes
8. Telekinesis - Car Crash, 12 Desperate Straight Lines
9. The Concretes - Good Evening, WYWH