Wed, 24 April 2013
They say music is math, and we couldn't agree more. This episode explores the numbers behind some of the most unique rhythms in pop music. Sometimes we get bored with a typical four-to-the-floor beat, so we discuss and play some of our favorite pop songs of all time that utilize odd time signatures. And, for those of you who have no idea what a time signature is, we do a very quick explanation toward the beginning. Enjoy!
Mon, 8 April 2013
We've dug up another batch of the 10 best songs swirling around the Internet this month. This episode is particularly eclectic, ranging from the pristine pop gems of Chvrches to the hypnotic beats of Bonobo, and then paying homage to the lyrical genius (and crudeness) of Danny Brown. Pop in your earbuds and enjoy this month's mix of new music.
1. "Best of Friends" -- Palma Violets, 180
2. "Now Is Not The Time" -- Chvrches, Recover
3. "Someone Else" -- Pure X, Crawling Up The Stairs
4. "Lady You Shot Me" -- Har Mar Superstar, Bye Bye 17
5. "Cirrus" -- Bonobo, the North Borders
6. "Mirror" -- Weekend, Jinx
7. "God Made The World" -- Cold Cave, God Made The World
8. "Express Yourself" -- Danny Brown, single
9. "With Her Shadow" -- Born Ruffians, TBD
10. "Childhood’s End" -- Majical Cloudz, Impersonator