Thu, 26 July 2012
Food and Music - such a simple but powerful combination. From restaurants with music directors, to dishes paired with specific songs, to meals based around entire albums; there's an entire world that sits in the intersection between food and music. On this episode we sit down with musician Meric Long of The Dodos; music director, Katie Mathis, of Flour + Water; and chef Blair Warsham, of graffeats to discuss this rich and unique interaction. We also play music from artists performing at the upcoming food and music festival, Noisette (Aug. 4th at Public Works in San Francisco).
1. "Dreams" -- Taken By Trees, Other Worlds
2. "Party Talk" -- Craft Spells, Idle Labor
3. "Fables" -- The Dodos, Time To Die
4. "In The Afternoon" -- Pillowfight, single
5. "Hustlin'" -- Rick Ross, Port of Miami
6. "Everybody Knows" -- Spency Dude and the Doodles, Night Problems
7. "My Boys" -- Taken By Trees, East of Eden
Mon, 9 July 2012
After a brief foray into pop, the Noise Pop Team is happy to get back to their 'indie' roots. This episode features new music from Divine Fits, the brand new indie rock super group; Cat Power and her highly anticipated new record; Bobby Womack and his fascinating new reinvention; and, as usual, the best that the blogosphere has to offer.
1. "New York" -- Angel Haze, Reservation